Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Progress

My current life drawings. There not in any particular order. I dont have work on Wednesdays this semester so I am going to Open Drawing every week. I am trying to get as much life drawing in now that way I will have a lot to choose from for my portfolio.














This last one was inspired by James Jean. In some of his sketchbooks he draws from life and draws one figure on top of the other. It reminds me of a technique a drawing teacher my friend had, once told me. They had a drawing teacher who would make them throw out every drawing they made through out the day at the end of every class. In order to teach them that there drawings weren't precious. When you stop thinking of your work as precious you will take risks. Art is about risk. Next time I will use pen and really commit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment